Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rushing around...

It's all bit hectic at the moment and there's a lot of racing this weekend. I've just come back from a couple of days in York and I'm off to Aintree on Saturday, so this evening has been spent going through the five day entries; I'll post my thoughts on the card once the final declarations are known. What particularly stood out was that Bafana Boy was top rated for the 2.45 (at Liverpool) but his trainer opted to send him to Carlisle this afternoon instead, where the stiffer course obviously suited as he won at 4/1.

I really should be racing on Sunday as well, when Kauto Star makes his seasonal reappearance, but that won't be possible because it has proved nigh on impossible to book a hotel room in Liverpool. Apart from that, Mrs Tips wouldn't let me go anyway. Paul Nicholls has very helpfully told us Kauto Star will come on for his first run of the season so I'll take the hint and watch the race.

Earlier this week I celebrated my birthday, if one can celebrate getting older at my age. One card brought a smile - a cartoon picture of a horse with the jockey riding a finish and the accompanying words 'Instead of buying a boring birthday present I put £20 on a horse for you that came in at 20 to 1!' On opening the card, I'm greeted with 'Unfortunately the rest of the field came in at 12:35!'

No comments: