Friday, April 07, 2006

Grand National tip

In the past couple of days we've seen a few stories about Paul & Nina Carberry being the first brother and sister to ride in the same National.

I mention this fact because the best value bet I've seen for this year's race is 2/1 Nina to get further round than her brother Paul.

I saw that bet advertised somewhere a couple of days ago but I can't track it down at the moment.

It's well recognised that Nina is an acomplished jockey; last season she became the first female jockey to win at the Cheltenham Festival in 18 years.

The horse she rides on Saturday finished fifth in last year's National; Paul's horse, Sir OJ, fell last time out.

Given the nature of the race, I'd say it's an even money bet who gets round the furthest.

1 comment:

GeeDee said...

On the day I saw Ladbrokes offer a match bet with Paul's horse Sir OJ priced at 8/11 and Nina's horse Forest Gunner even money.

In the event Nina's horse finished ninth while Paul's horse fell at Becher's second time around.